The Raw Talent Class

CURRENT CLASS MEMBERS, CLICK HERE


INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP, READ BELOW:


When I first started taking pictures, I felt as if I had a bad interpreter. I would see stunning imagery before me and I would pick up my camera and clear my photographic throat, ready to speak to the world and express myself, only to find that my camera would completely botch it up in translation. I would say “WOW!” and my camera shrugged it’s shoulders and said, “Eh.” I ordered “Fillet Mignon” and my camera said “Spam.” It was a frustrating relationship! Fortunately, unlike most other relationships, my camera came with a handy dandy manual! I pulled it out and read it from cover to cover. I walked away with a little more confidence. I now knew how to speak my camera’s language. I was dangerous.


My manual told me that my camera was state of the art and very intelligent…put it on auto and it will work miracles! So I took it out once again to write a beautiful sunset sonnet and I put myself at the mercy of my camera’s intelligence, only to discover it was a Rebel, appropriately named! It soon became apparent that I was not going to become an artist, a diplomat, an orator, or communicator of any kind if I let my camera do all the thinking for me. So I decided it was time to take control and teach my camera how to see things MY way.


I welcome you...and your "interpreter"...to the world of seeing things YOUR way!


The Raw Talent Class Details:


WHAT: Raw Talent is an online photography course specifically geared toward beginning and aspiring photographers. If you have a DSLR but are still just aiming and firing like a point and shoot, this class is for YOU! If you are bravely accepting payment for pictures but need to brush up on the basics, YOU need this too! You will learn how to shoot in manual, basic natural lighting techniques, simple Lightroom and Photoshop techniques, and have access to picking my brain on any photographic subject you can think of. Each of the 8 blog lessons comes with a photo assignment which will receive my personal and individual review.


WHEN: Raw Talent II begins February 12th and ends April 9th.


TUITION: $250


LESSON SCHEDULE:


1&2: Metering


3&4: Camera settings


5: Composing for Strength and Statement


6: Finding the Light (we do not discuss complicated flash techniques...primarily natural lighting)


7: Using your surroundings, personalizing, and getting in the ZONE


8: Post Processing


REGISTRATION: Class size is strictly limited to 15 at a time.
To add your name to the waiting list, please email bridget@rawsii.com


Looking for something specific? Search for:

Hits since 2/21/2008

Web Hosting Pages

Where in the world...