A vacation and another break...

We're back from our Florida vacation!!! It was SO nice to get away and spend time with family. Here's some pictures...but of course!!

I took this picture out the window of our moving van at 70 mph (no one would take pity on me and stop...I was WAY out numbered). I thought it was SO pretty even though it was not our destination...just in passing, it was gorgeous scenery.



We took a little mini trip down to see some of our best friends from college, Rae and Troy. We were in each other's weddings 8 years ago. They now have two adorable kids, and while Nikolas napped, Katy let me take a few pictures of her! I am just smitten with this blue-eyed red-headed CUTEY!











This is my dear friend Rae...this picture taken as she sarcastically states, "My life is SO glamorous!" But to us Northerners, um, it really IS pretty nice! Such beautiful scenery and endless blue skies and sunshine! What's not to love? And Rach is so relaxed and living in the moment...IDK...it seems pretty glam to me! I'd take it!



For dinner, we went to an adorable little restaurant on the gulf and watched the sun set while we ate. Always a sucker for a sunset, I ran out to catch a few shots of our gorgeous view.





By the time we were done eating, it was completely dark, so here's a very badly lit self portrait of us. The temp had dropped to about 55...Rae and Troy's teeth were chattering while we took our ever loving time enjoying the WARM night! We both wondered WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? lol



This is Nikolas! I didn't get to do any outdoor pictures with him this trip, but I'll catch him next time for sure. The time just slipped away from us...



Every day we spent a few hours in the pool. Here's Grandma watching the boys swim.



Jadon got REALLY comfortable with the water...



Uncle Micah's just too cool...for what, we don't know...but he is.



Corban learned to swim around in his floatie by himself...





The jump...



The splash...!



The guys feeding fish and turtles off the pier...



Another amazing sunset...



Some of our grateful beneficiaries...





Just a cool picture of some pond plants...



My beautiful Grandma! She is so amazing and I adore her! My Grandpa was a big Italian Papa, the family patriarch who made us all laugh and love life. He passed away almost a year ago and they were so close that I simply couldn't imagine either of them without the other. But Grandma is so much stronger than I ever realized. It was good to spend time with her and see her healing and laughing, and to share some tears too. I can't say enough about my Gram...she's an amazing woman.



Here's Jadon running to Daddy...SUCH a Daddy's boy! He's going to be CRUSHED when he realizes Daddy goes back to work on Monday! :(



Isaac the daredevil. Never dare him. He's likely to do it even if it's stupid and it hurts.







We took a little mini safari ride through a state park. Here's Corban checking out a snake skin that the tour guide showed us. Jadon's not quite sure what to think, but he's pretty content to let Corban do all the handling!



Much to my boys' delight, we saw lots of gators...





...and turtles...



...and heron...



...and butterflies...



Best gator shot of the day! He was the most active of the ones we encountered. Shortly after this shot, he quickly slithered off into the water. This guy was probably 5-6 feet long and not very far away...it was pretty cool.



As you may have noticed in a previous picture, my cast has been replaced with a brace! YAY for that! However, in another less-than-graceful slip-and-fall accident this week, I managed to break the big toe on my left foot. Fantastic. My left side is OBVIOUSLY in a state of rebellion and revolution...trying to stop me from whatever my right side is determined to accomplish. What on my left side will I break next? Your guess is as good as mine! But NEVER FEAR...business will carry on as usual! I'm not one to let a little broken bone slow me down! ;)

Looking for something specific? Search for:

Hits since 2/21/2008

Web Hosting Pages

Where in the world...