I'm so excited right now!

Ok, so I don't know what order to list things in...what I'm MOST excited about first, or what I'm LEAST excited about first. Of course I want to just BLURT out what I'm most excited about, but I guess if I refer back to my college English class, I'd have to say save the best for last, so that's what I'll do.

First of all, I'm SUPER excited to be going to hear Jerry Ghionis in an all day seminar tomorrow. Two of my very good photographer friends, Katie and Joe, are going with me and we'll be leaving at 4:45 in the morning to drive to Detroit, and getting home around 2am the next morning. It's not a cheap seminar and we're adding to our expense and inconvenience by traveling 3 hours to hear him, but I have high hopes that it will be OH-SO-WORTH-IT!

Even MORE exciting...and this will only make your toes tingle if you are a fellow photographer, but on it's way to my house right now is my brand new 70-200 2.8L IS lens! I'm pretty stoked. This thing is awesome! And also, a 50mm 1.4. I'm pretty excited about the little lens too, but it's a bit overshadowed by the bigger decision. Finally, I can't think of any other big ticket items I need or want for QUITE awhile...(woops, is that my husband screaming "YAH RIGHT!" all the way from Elkhart? hmmm).

But the MOST exciting thing in my world right now, are you ready for this? Jadon said "MAMA" yesterday!!!!!! For those of you who don't know my son, he's almost 2 and isn't talking yet. Of course, every kid has his own time line. I've been watching him closely and so have others and we don't see any reason for concern, but we've been very frustrated not to be able to communicate with him as early as we were with his older brother (who often will not STOP communicating long enough to breathe). But yesterday, I asked Jadon to say "Mama" and he looked straight at me and said a very deliberate "Ma-Ma". I jumped up and down and got him so hyper and embarrassed that he wouldn't do it again, but this morning he repeated it several times for me when Aunt Diana was here. I am SO excited!! And the proud little smirk he gets on his face when he says it is the BEST. If I can catch it on video, you can bet you'll be seeing it soon.

Hands down, there's no question...better than hearing one of the top ten photographers in the world talk all day (all week...all year!), is hearing my son say "MAMA" to me intentionally for the first time!!! :) I'm totally cheesin'!

Looking for something specific? Search for:

Hits since 2/21/2008

Web Hosting Pages

Where in the world...