Slithers and Boosters

Corban sat on the couch with the sole of his foot held really close to his face for inspection. His face was winced and he looked really distraught.

"Daaaaaddy!!! I have a slither!"

I am known to laugh at my children's pain. Of course, not when it's intense! But Corban has especially inherited some of my own clumsiness as well as the mellow-drama that surrounds minor injuries. He makes such a production of it, I can't help but laugh. So when a Corbanism finds its way in to the mix, it REALLY pushes me over the top. James is only mildly amused and a little more sympathetic:

"You mean a sliver? Where is it?"

Corban points: "Right there. It's a slither, Daddy. I'm telling the truth."

"I don't see it, Corban. Where is it?"

"RIGHT THERE, next to the booster!"

If I could stop rolling on the floor long enough to breathe, I might try saying sliver and blister correctly 10 times fast just to see if I could do it. But I don't think I can. I think they'll be slithers and boosters in our house, permanently.

In other news, last night I finally made it to one of James' softball games! Their season is almost over and I finally make an appearance to see what the hype is all about. I wish I had come sooner, it was so much fun! I got some great action shots which you can find on my facebook, if you're there! Unfortunately, our team came in 2nd (that would be last night, not overall) but spirits were still good and everyone had fun. It's a character building year. ;)

Here's a shot I caught of Jadon. He wants SO badly to play! He has to watch Daddy play softball and Corban play Tball this year...and he just has to sit by the sidelines. Next year he's old enough for tball and I can't wait to see how excited he is. In this shot, he's actually crouched down because he saw the team was praying together after the game. I thought it was so sweet that he felt the need to do this and he remained absolutely still and silent until they were done. So cute...


Here's my handsome hubby getting his game on...



Looking for something specific? Search for:

Hits since 2/21/2008

Web Hosting Pages

Where in the world...