Unveiling our new Trash the Dress Album!

I eluded a couple weeks ago to something new and exciting brewing over here...it's time to let the cat out of the bag! A few of you have already been into the Rawsii showroom and seen it, but for those of you who haven't, allow me to introduce the newest member of our album family: The Wedding Dress Diary. As Thomas Edison said, "Necessity is the mother of invention" and so starts our story of creation as well. Since I love Trash the Dress sessions SO very much and I seem to attract enough awesome, fun and crazy girls to make it happen often, the naturally occuring question was, "WHAT do we DO with all these incredible images???" While we loved the idea of homes plastered with lifesized Rawsii prints, we realized that's a little egotistical for most people's taste, so we decided we needed an album that would tastefully hold all the images from the session and serve a purpose other than collecting dust.


IMG_0985.jpg


A diary was the perfect answer. It's the perfect sentimental counterpart to a Trash the Dress session. A TTD session is a girl's way of preserving her dress (with her in it!) for all time. Think about it...a wedding dress is the sexiest dress you'll ever wear. When you choose it, you imagine your husband going weak in the knees when you wear it. It's the dress worth hundreds, even thousands of dollars because it makes you look amazing on the day when it's most important for you to do so. The only way to TRULY preserve the dress, in the spirit of all it's chosen for, is to get the most amazing photographs in it that you possibly can. It's not really about trashing...calling it that just makes it fun. It's about creating artwork that will make your husband go weak in the knees over and over again for the rest of his life. And how cool to document your first year of marriage, the sentiments you feel, the journeys you take, the highs and lows, the ups and downs, right next to those images? It is, in my opinion, utter perfection.


IMG_0976.jpg


To truly send chills down the spine, we needed an album that felt romantic the moment you picked it up. I love to write and when I sit down to do so, there's nothing more inspiring to me than a beautiful book to write in. Parchment paper is my favorite. It makes me feel as if anything I write will be poetic and last forever. I love the romance of torn edges and earthy textures. When I saw this album, I fell absolutely in LOVE and immediately felt inspired to write a million love notes to my husband in it! That was my indication that we had absolutely nailed this!


IMG_0978.jpg


I've seen pillow books before, but never an idea quite like this one, so I'm very proud to say this is a Rawsii original concept! I love that personalization, originality, functionality, and artwork are all coming together into one album.


On the first page of the sample album I quoted, "It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten, the mood is gone; life itself is gone." -Vita Sackville-West.


IMG_0980-2.jpg








Looking for something specific? Search for:

Hits since 2/21/2008

Web Hosting Pages

Where in the world...