The "RAW" in Rawsii

I posted once before about all the reasons why I chose Rawsii as my new brand name. One small piece of that puzzle is that I'm an aspiring RAW foodist. With a long way to go, I might add, but aspiring nonetheless! At one point after my oldest son was born, I was eating 95% raw fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts, 5-6 days a week. I felt SO great, I had lost a lot of weight, I had so much energy and clarity of mind, it was amazing! But about 2 years later I had a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage and then in the midst of my mourning, immediately found myself pregnant again! Talk about an emotional roller coaster! I spent that 3rd pregnancy so depressed that I barely remember it. I didn't want to get my heart set on seeing the pregnancy succeed only to be let down again and in my depression I slipped back into some terrible eating habits. I began to let Corban eat more and more "SAD" (Standard American Diet) food as well. He's taken up the no-sugar thing as his own little crusade, but alternative sweets, chips, and dairy became a HUGE part of his diet. As some of you know quite well, once you let kids get hooked on certain junk foods, it's terribly hard to backtrack. I haven't had the determination or the energy to take up the battle...until NOW! I do know I have to move gradually and be understanding in the process, but our family (and myself primarily) is on the road to healthy eating. And to solidify that effort, I've decided to share my journey on a separate blog entitled C For Yourself.




My family is generally "supportive" but not exactly what I'd call "excited." So for added support, I've teamed up with my good friend Jamie. Jamie is an amazing yoga instructor and has also dabbled in the Raw Food diet before so we're both at about the same place...we KNOW the benefits, we just need to own them! The name "C For Yourself" stems from one of many quirky communicative tendencies that started between Jamie and I when we used to work in adjacent cubicles under the buzz of fluorescent lights...we illiterate short phrases just to be stupid. "Time to go" becomes "T to G." "Shut the door" becomes "S the D." And so forth. It's endless. And only funny to us, but we find ourselves pretty hilarious! So when we started talking about the cleanse, it immediately became "the C!"




The C is here, the C is now, come C, come C! And do it for yourself, not for anyone else...do it because you want to feel good! Do it because it's a good exercise in self-control. Do it because it's natural and healthy. C for Yourself!




If you'd like to join us in our little gourmet adventure, or if you'd just like to read along and laugh at our craziness, hop on over to the C For Yourself blog and give me a little P on the B! I'll be journaling daily about the ins and outs (no pun intended) of raw fooding and Jamie and I (and maybe some surprise contributors) will be posting occasional recipes that we love.


(...that would be PAT on the BACK)


nelson008-3.jpg

Looking for something specific? Search for:

Hits since 2/21/2008

Web Hosting Pages

Where in the world...